Monday, July 13, 2015

What's in a name?

*

I like to fancy myself a good horserace handicapper and study the form right up to the last minute before laying down the bet at the window. Inevitably, the female I would bring with me to the track would pick a horse by the name only and get to go to the pay window, while my pick would be an "also ran", leaving me with head in hands at the injustice of it all.  

So with that as my premise and regardless of the baggage they each cart around or that the Leftists invent when someone else grabs the lead, let's try and use the "Name" method for finding a leader.

 I want a President with a first name that carries with it a sense of dignity!

I want a Thomas or Frank or Basil even a Clarence but let's find a President with an adult name! 
I imagine the only person who called Ronald Reagan "Ron" or "Ronnie" was Nancy Reagan.

Guys running for President of the United States who are addressed as Mitt, Rand or Newt sound like cowboys rounding up strays.

Ron is too frivolous a name whether he's an elder or not,
 Rick isn't much better than Ricky but his real name is James Richard Perry so I'll add him some points. 
That is certainly a Presidential name!

Dr. Ben Carson with a middle name of Solomon likewise gets extra credit!

Jeb is too Beverly Hillbillies and if we are going to have a dynastic Bush/Clinton Presidential election it wouldn't be right NOT to have a Kennedy running!
 Isn't there an Algonquin J. Kennedy out there somewhere, not yet having to face accusers?

Hillary always reminds me of a Herman's Hermits song:  "I'm Hillary the wraith I am, Hillary the wraith I am, I am…"

"Joe" (as in Biden) seems your everyday fry cook at the diner.
...And an Octogenarian still calling himself "Bernie" has slipped his tether at the assisted living dorm!
On the other hand "Barack" is even less dignified and brings to mind the sound one makes the morning after the tequila shots seemed like a good idea 
or just when you've looked over his record of destruction for the last 6+ years!

So we've cut the weak names from the herd and we have Scott Walker, Carly Fiorino, Marco Rubio and Donald Trump.
With Dr. Ben 'Solomon' Carson and James Richard "Rick" Perry as add-ons...
On a side note: I could get behind Condoleeza Rice and "Condi" doesn't bother me at all while "Jeb" reminds me of someone clogging on a dog house!

Where does that leave us?
While Donald Trump can out-shout the worst of the libs and yell, "YOU'RE FIRED" which is a great thing, Today I'm personally leaning toward 
James Richard "Rick" Perry who I believe has a license to carry!